At Gautreaux Law, we commit our practice to insurance disputes and personal injuries, including catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. We provide comprehensive, compassionate representation and never take no as an answer. If you have a legitimate claim, we have the resources and commitment to help you receive the compensation is just and fair. We offer our services on a contingency basis, too, so we get paid only if we win your case.
Representing Personal Injury or Wrongful Death
Personal injuries or wrongful death in Warner Robins, Georgia, happen to the best and worst of us; there is no discrimination when a car accident happens or someone slips and falls at a grocery store. Everyone who is injured through no fault of their own but the fault of another person or entity should be compensated for it. Causes of personal injuries and wrongful death that we represent at Gautreaux Law Firm include:
- Vehicle and Road Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Slip and Fall Cases
- Work-Related Injuries
- Products Liability Claims
- Premises Liability Claims
These accidents, most of the time, are the fault of another person or entity, but to receive compensation, there are four elements that we must prove:
- Duty of Care. Someone had a duty of care towards you.
- Breach of Duty. Someone who had a duty of care towards you breached that duty.
- Causation. The breach of duty of care caused your injuries.
- Damages. The breach of duty caused quantifiable physical, mental and/or emotional damages.
Additionally, in Warner Robins as elsewhere throughout Georgia, if the personal injury was caused by a defective product, the plaintiff(s) can often allege both negligence and/or strict liability against the defendant(s). At Gautreaux Law Firm, we can identify when this is appropriate and most beneficial to you.
Winning Your Personal Injury Claims in Warner Robins
If the elements of personal injury are satisfied, then you can seek compensation either for your personal injury or for a family member who has wrongfully died. Damages that can be recovered are:
- Economic Damages. These damages are tangible and include property damage repairs, medical expenses, funeral expenses, treatment and/or therapy, travel expenses, past and future lost wages.
- Non-Economic Damages. These damages are intangible and include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium. Non-economic damages are particularly important for catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
- Punitive Damages. These damages are sometimes limited to $250,000 and are generally only awarded in cases where the plaintiff presents clear and convincing evidence of willful, malicious, fraudulent, or wanton misconduct by the defendant(s).
The amount of compensation you receive can be reduced if you were also at fault. If you were less than 50% at fault, your compensation may be reduced proportionately. In Georgia, however, if you were 50% or more at fault, your claim might be denied. Insurance companies love this rule. They will find any hole in your claim to argue that you were at least partially at fault, so they can either drastically minimize what they pay out to you or deny your claim altogether. At Gautreaux Law Firm, we are familiar with this tactic. That’s why we approach each case from all angles, making sure all holes are sealed.
Warner Robins Insurance Claim Dispute Representation
The best time to contact our office for legal services is before you file a claim; that way we can ensure the claim and its supporting documentation is properly prepared and absent any errors that could provide space for an insurance company to dispute it. But oftentimes, people are unaware that they can seek our services without having to worry about costs, so they file the claims themselves. At Gautreaux Law Firm, if your claim is disputed, we strategically advocate for a recovery against that insurance company.
We handle all kinds of insurance claims and disputes. We have years of experience managing, advocating, mediating, and litigating disputes involving all sorts of insurance, including life insurance, homeowner’s insurance, or auto and trucking insurance claims. Our experience with insurance companies is broad and deep, which enables us to approach them with a keen understanding of what their motivations are and how to effectively counter their actions.
Comprehensive, Compassionate Legal Representation
Though the quality of life in Warner Robins is very good, personal injuries and wrongful death still happen. An experienced and resourceful lawyer can recover damages on your behalf while you recover from your injuries or loss. Contact Gautreaux Law at (478) 238-9758 for a free consultation today.