Going to the hospital is scary. Receiving medical treatment can be frightening. When a person is injured or a loved one killed due to the negligence of a medical provider, knowing what to do next can prove difficult. This is when a medical malpractice lawyer at Gautreaux Law is at their best.
Georgia has nearly 190 hospitals and over 41,000 licensed medical professionals. Unfortunately, even the best of our hospitals, doctors, and nurses can make mistakes.
- In 2010, the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services determined that an estimated 13.5 percent of hospitalized Medicare beneficiaries experienced harm as the result of medical care during their hospital stays.
- A recent study in the Journal of Patient Safety found that each year between 210,000 and 440,000 patients who go to the hospital for care experience some type of preventable harm that contributes to their death.
Put Our Experience to Work in Your Medical Injury Case
Medical malpractice cases are challenging and unique under the law, so experience in this area is a must. Our Macon medical malpractice lawyers have tried medical malpractice cases successfully to verdict across the state, including a $5 million medical malpractice jury verdict upheld on appeal. We’re proud to have achieved that verdict for our client, especially considering the fact that statistics show that it is highly unlikely that the patient will win – one study found that patients win less than 25% of the time.
Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
Medical negligence comes in many forms. Some injuries caused by medical negligence do not present themselves immediately, while others are evident right away. Common types of medical malpractice include:
- Delayed diagnosis of, or failure to diagnose, cancer or other diseases
- Failure to obtain informed consent from a patient
- Improper use of anesthesia
- Improper administration of medication
- Amputating the wrong limb or extremity
- Misdiagnosis and mistreatment
- Mistakes or injuries during childbirth
- Laboratory errors
- Defective medical devices
You Can Protect Yourself Against Medical Negligence
You may wonder if there is anything you can proactively do to protect yourself from these medical errors. The most important thing you can do is be a vocal advocate for yourself. Ask questions. Demand answers. Be a part of every decision that relates to your care. If you are not able to advocate for yourself, have a close family member or friend take on that role for you.
Contact Our Macon Medical Malpractice Lawyer If You’ve Been Injured
Our medical malpractice lawyer and experienced legal staff stand ready to help you in your time of need. We provide close, personal attention to our clients, and we are selective in the cases we take. That means we will never have so many cases that we cannot give your case the attention it deserves.
If you have suffered an injury as the result of medical negligence, please call us immediately at 478-238-9758, or toll-free at 888-876-6935. You may also use our online contact form. One of our highly qualified attorneys will be in touch right away as these cases are time sensitive. We offer free initial consultations to all new clients.