Jarome Gautreaux is a personal injury trial lawyer. He represents people who have been seriously injured, as well as the families of people killed because of carelessness or negligence.
Over the years, he has successfully recovered more than 100 million dollars in a variety of personal injury cases.
Jarome's reputation for client focus and case success has led to other lawyers requesting his assistance with complex personal injury litigation.
What drives Jarome every day is his strong belief that the amount of money someone has should not dictate the justice they receive. It is for this reason that he has never worked for corporations, insurance companies or other interest groups. Instead, he thrives on helping the people who need it most—people who have suffered at the hands of others and deserve compensation.
Jarome has been practicing personal injury law in Georgia since 2000. Prior to that he was chosen as one of a select few as a Federal Law Clerk for a Federal Judge in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois. He has published numerous articles on trial practice, evidence, insurance and civil procedure.
Jarome serves as an adjunct professor at Mercer Law School, where he currently teaches Advanced Torts. He also lectures to legal groups on a variety of legal topics, including evidence, trial practice, governmental liability, and expert witnesses.
In his time away from work, Jarome enjoys spending time with family, training in the martial arts, playing the guitar, reading and traveling.
- Car Accidents
- Defective & Dangerous Products
- Medical Malpractice
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Injuries
HONORS & AWARDS
- Has the highest possible rating (10 out of 10) by Avvo
- Has the highest rating of AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
- Selected to Georgia Super Lawyers, 2017-2020
- Selected as National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2015-2020
- Selected as Americas Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, 2017-2018
- Selected as a “Rising Star” in Georgia, 2005
- President's Award – Federal Bar Association, 2002
- Torts Update, Mercer Law Review, (Fall 2019)
- A Super-Daubert Primer, The Verdict Magazine, (Winter 2012)
- Anticipating the Anticipation of Litigation Objection: A Review of the Law Regarding Statements and Some Suggestions for Obtaining Them, The Verdict Magazine, (Spring 2009)
- Pretrial Organization, Trial Practice Manual, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2002-2012 (multiple editions)
- Recent Developments in Torts, ICLE Georgia (2019)
- “If It Happens in the Emergency Room, Is It a Gross Negligence Case? Challenges We Faced on the Road to a $5,000,000 Verdict for Our Client in an Emergency Room Case,” Superstar Personal Injury Seminar (January 23, 2014)
- “Panel Discussion on Evidence and Ethics, Carlson on Evidence,” ICLE Georgia (November 7, 2014)
- “Recent Developments in Torts,” Mercer University (March 12, 2010)
- “Tort Essentials,” Seminar Chairman, Georgia Trial Lawyer Association, Mercer University (February 28, 2010)
- “Watch Out!: Some Dangers Associated with Senate Bill 3,” Annual Convention, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (2009)
- “Closing Arguments – Suggestions for Effective Summation,” Trial Advocacy, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (2008)
- “Litigating the Governmental Immunity Case,” Georgia Law of Torts Seminar, Atlanta, Georgia (2005, 2006 and 2007)
- “Recent Developments in Civil Rights Litigation,” Federal Bar Association (October 3, 2003)
- “Differences Between State and Federal Civil Procedure,” Federal Bar Association Seminar, Macon, Georgia (October 5, 2001)
AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Adjunct Professor, Mercer University Law School, Advanced Torts (formerly taught Pretrial Advocacy)
- President, William Augustus Bootle Chapter, American Inns of Court, 2012-2013
- President, Middle Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2006
- Amicus Committee, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2007-present
- Federal Law Clerk for the Honorable Richard Mills, U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- All Georgia Superior and State Courts
- US District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- US District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, GA, J.D.
Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, M.S. in Philosophy
Mercer University, Macon, GA, B.S. in Economics