Many people question why someone would seek the help of a personal injury attorney after being in a car accident. Luckily, most car accidents that occur don’t cause any injuries. If that’s the case, and there are no injuries, there may be no need for a lawyer. However, if you’ve been injured in an accident and it was someone else’s fault, an attorney can help you get fully compensated for those injuries. And sometimes, those injuries are more than just physical.
Damages that a personal injury attorney can help you recover after being injured in an auto accident include:
- Medical Bills – We all know how exorbitant these can be. A lawyer can help you get reimbursed for medical treatment that is needed because of the wreck. This may include but is not limited to:
- CT Scans, X-rays or MRIs
- Physical Therapy
- Doctor’s Visits
- Transportation to and from Doctor’s Visits
- Medication and Medical Care Devices
- Rehabilitation or Counseling
- In-Home Medical Care
- Future Medical Bills – This includes any future treatment you need as a result of the injuries sustained in your accident. For example, maybe you injured your back and are going to need back surgery. You may be compensated for the anticipated expense of having such surgery.
- Lost Income – This includes income you lost because of your injury. For example, if you are a school bus driver and your leg is broken in an accident, you may not be able to work for several weeks. If so, the income you lost by not being able to work may be considered in your compensation.
- Future Lost Income – Much like future medical bills, this is any income you expect to forego because of your injury. If you need back surgery, you may be out of work for weeks or months.
- Pain and Suffering – To determine compensation for pain and suffering, one must consider the amount of pain or suffering a person has endured as a result of their injury. This can be difficult, since it is very different from person to person, depending on the circumstances. For example, a pianist who suffers 2 broken hands from a car accident would likely suffer differently from a singer who has the same injury but doesn’t need their hands to sing.
Macon car accident attorney Jarome Gautreaux knows how to get insurance companies to pay maximum dollar based on your individual personal circumstances. Call today for a free consultation. As always, there are no fees until he recovers money for you.