I've recently written about hospital ratings. Equally important are Nursing Home ratings. When it comes to choosing a long-term care facility for our loved ones, we want to make sure they are being treated with respect and getting the best medical care possible.
Nursing Home Compare, a division of Medicare, provides quality of care information on every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country. Nursing homes are rated on a scale of 1-5 stars, with 1 star being the worst and 5 the best.
Nursing Home Ratings are Based on the Following Criteria:
- Health & Fire Safety Inspections
- Staffing – How many RNs, LPNs, LVNs, PTs, and CNAs are staffed at the facility
- Quality Measures - Overall, how well the nursing home is tending to the resident's needs in order to prevent medical problems such as pressure sores, urinary incontinence, etc.
To check nursing home ratings in your area, simply click here and follow the page instructions. You can search by zip code, city or state. Nursing Home Compare only rates Medicare/Medicaid certified facilities, so if you're considering a nursing home that doesn't fall in that category, you should contact your state agency for information. In Georgia, that would be the Georgia Department of Public Health.
The Top Rated Nursing Homes in Macon
- Carlyle Place, Zebulon Road, Macon, GA
- Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, Kenneth Drive, Macon, GA
- Bolingreen Health and Rehabilitation, Bolingreen Drive, Macon, GA
We love our aging parents and loved ones and want to make sure they are being treated the way we would treat them if we could be there for them round the clock. That is why it is so important to take every measure possible to ensure they're getting quality care. Knowing the rating for the nursing homes you're considering is just one step towards ensuring their safety.